Sunday, May 6, 2018

Tag... You're It! Unpopular Opinion Book Tag

Stolen from The Book Nut

1. A Popular book you didn't like

Ash-
Ugh...

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)

Jenn-  
There is actually quite a few.... this one is the most recent. I just didn't like this book. I felt it was slow and boring.

The Belles (The Belles #1)

2. A book series everyone hates but you love


Ash-
The reviews I read for this one are horrible. I can't believe so many people hate on it.

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)

Jenn-
This one was hard. I like a lot of series and most of them I see others do too. SO I am going with one that everyone loved at once and now not so much. But I still love it and I am not ashamed.

Twilight (Twilight, #1)

3. A love triangle where the MC ends up with the person you didn’t want them to end up with.


Ash-
#teamjacob
Twilight (Twilight, #1)

Jenn-
Hmmm. This one is hard too. I haven't read this entire series but I have heard where the love triangle goes...so I will pick this one... and I may change my mind after I read the series... not sure yet.

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)

4. A popular genre you rarely reach for.


Ash-
Contemporary YA, or romance. I just have zero desire for a book all about romance or whiny teenage problems.

Jenn-
Oh... Contemporary in YA .. I am starting to read more and more though.

5. A popular character you didn’t like.


Ash-
I just don't like Clary much...

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

Jenn- 

Tris from Divergent

Divergent (Divergent, #1)

6. A popular author you can’t seem to get into.


Ash-
Ellen Hopkins as well. 

Jenn-
Ellen Hopkins. 
I think her writing is wonderful and she speaks on great subjects. Just a little too angst for me. Although I have only read one book by her and it was okay. It's just not for me. 

7. A popular trope you’re tired of seeing.


Ash-
Insta love and love triangles. Blah.

Jenn-
Insta love- although I don't think this is as popular as writers seem to think it is. 

8. A popular series you have no interest in reading.


Ash-

Divergent (Divergent, #1)

Jenn- 
Three Dark Crowns - I have heard from reliable sources it's a little slow. Maybe one day but right now I have no interest in reading this series.

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)


9. The saying goes “the book is always better than the movie” but what movie do you prefer to the book?





Ash-

The Woman in Black, I even wrote an I read that movie about it

The Woman in Black


Jenn-
I love love love A Walk to Remember movie... I read the book a while back. Although a good book, it was not as good as the movie for me.


A Walk to Remember




3 comments:

  1. love this tag! I agree with almost all of it. FSoG wasn't for me AT LALL! LOL Twilight I loved it at first but the more I started to analyze the less I liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this tag a while back on my YouTube channel and it's so fun. I always love seeing other people's answers for these. I'm really offended (not really lol) that neither of you care for YA contemporary that much. I'd say it's my favorite genre. I try to read a variety of genres and I was doing so well, but lately I've been in a hardcore contemporary mood so now I want to read every YA contemp that has ever been written.

    Also, Jenn, I really think you're going to change your mind about the love triangle in Shatter Me once you read the whole series...but who knows! I can't wait to see if your feelings about the love interests change though.

    - Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the A Walk to Remember movie!!! Mandy Moore!!! **tear**

    I'm always having Unpopular Opinions, so this post is basically MY BLOG on a regular basis!! I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs