Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Review: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)Title: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Publishing Date: February 5ht, 2013
Pages: 454
Audio Length: 11 Hours and 19 Minutes
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Series: The Lunar Chronicles
Source: Audio
 

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner
Review for Cinder here

What made me pick this book up: Well I had read the first one so.

What did I like about the cover:
I think it matches the book so perfectly. I love the red cape and it matches Scarlet. Plus you can see her red hair under it, it's amazing. 

What made me read this book: 
I want to finish the series, everyone always talks about it and I feel like I'm missing out. The first book was good so I figured I should finish it.
Also matched for a task.

What did I like the most: 
I really love Wolf. I don't know what it is but he's such a lovable character. Scarlet is really great too. I love how badass she is and doesn't give up on finding her grandmother.

And oh my lord how I love Thorne. He is hilarious and adorable and it's fantastic. 

The book is once again well written, and has a great story. 

The characters are great, I love meeting all of them. 

And I think one of the things that I love most about the entire series, is that each and every character has such a personality. None of the characters are the same and I love each and every one of them. 


What didn't I like: 
I feel like most of the book nothing happened. I mean it made progress in the story sure, but it was like nothing was really happening. I was expecting action and more. And it just wasn't. I can't really explain my thoughts, but it just wasn't. 

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
Yes!



It was still a really great book. And I can't wait to read the rest. 


“We met less than a week ago and in that time I've done nothing but lie and cheat and betray you. I know. But if you give me a chance...all I want is to protect you. To be near you. For as long as I'm able.” 
― Marissa MeyerScarlet


Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)


I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.





4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one as well. I have yet to finish the series, but they are all eagerly waiting for me to read them on my shelf. I hope that you continue to enjoy the series if you do continue with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this series. Crossing my fingers they get made into movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this series, each book was so great - but the last one is really special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved Wolf when I read this book too. There's just something very appealing about his character.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs