Saturday, May 5, 2018

Creature Feature: Oh Faun!

Creature Feature created by Michael is a feature that focuses on the wonderful world of fantasy, science fiction, and horror creatures. 

Faun:


Today joining us is Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson & the Olympians series and Heroes of Olympus series) demigod son of Poseidon to discuss fauns

Me: So glad you were able to join us today. You were friends with a faun

Percy: Who is a faun? I don't know any fauns.
Me: Your best friend, your protector
Percy: Who Grover?! (Chuckles) Let's get this straight Grover couldn't protect himself let alone anyone else. And especially not the son of Poseidon. But he's not a faun. Please don't even call him that. He's a satyr.
Me: Satyr, faun. Potato, Potatoe same thing right.
(Grover comes storming in)

Grover: What you call Me?
Percy: Oh no now you have done it...
Me: Hi Grover.
 Grover: Did he just call me a faun?!!
Percy: I was about to explain...
Grover: Look here sir you do NOT call me a faun. I am a satyr, I ain't no silly faun. Geeze.
Me: Sorry about that anyway as I was trying to ask Percy...
Grover: Oh so you want to talk to the demigod about my people?
Me: Umm well I was going to ask you but Percy said...
Grover: Oh I see what's going on here. You want to talk to the demigod but not the protector. The satyr who helped keep this young man safe.
Percy: Actually Grover I think you almost got me killed a couple of times.
Me: Anyways back to what...
Grover: Oh really Percy!! You got a lot of nerve after all I've done for you.
Me: Guys really I just want to...
Percy: Done what exactly Grover. I seem to recall almost getting killed on multiple occasions after I met you.
Grover: You realize you only had that happened because you were a demigod. It had nothing to do with Me, Percy. Don't forget who watched over you until you were ready to join Camp Half-blood.
Me: Guys guys guys no need to fight...
Percy: I think I would have survived quite fine without you.
Grover: (he says to me) Do you believe this guy? So cocky and full of himself.
Me: Back to my questions since Grover is here maybe he can answer this himself, where do fauns... I mean satyrs come from?
Grover: What kind of question is that we come from our moms?
Me: I mean what country did they first originate from? 
Grover: Originally from Greece and I believe in Steni Forest is where most of my ancestors are from.
Me: So how did you become half goat/half human?
Grover: Come on man you reporters and your crazy questions.
Me: Alright sorry um from what I have heard Dionysus created you of his own imagination.
Grover: Well Dionysus may have helped create us to party with. He's a party animal, so it makes sense that he would want a half human half beast party friend.
Me: O yeah the party guy to make a party creature...
Grover: Baaaa...What did you call Me? 
Percy: Uh oh you have done it now.
Me: Creature Feature that's what this interview is for and we are featuring...
Grover: Creature...creature is that what you think I am...the nerve. I am out of here, I ain't putting up with this type of treatment. 
(Grover storms out of the room) 
Me: What did I say?  Okay so thank you, Percy, for stopping by and chatting with us today. 


Fauns/satyr have been featured in lots of different media
Books: 


The Chronicles of Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia, #1-7)The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Marble FaunThe Stephen King Collection: Stories from Night ShiftFablehaven (Fablehaven, #1)The Birth of Tragedy


Films/TVs: 

Image result for Fantasia movie posterImage result for pan's Labyrinth, LegendRelated imageImage result for Bedtime Stories movie posterImage result for buck rogers in the 25th century movie posterImage result for Clash of the Titans movie poster

Video Games: 


Image result for doom video gameImage result for Titan Quest video game cover artImage result for world of warcraft video game cover artImage result for God of War video game cover art


Related image



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs