Thursday, May 10, 2018

Answer Me This: Oh The Places You Will Go!

Answer Me This. We are hoping this will help our friends get to know us a just a tad bit better. 

What are some of your favorite places to be?

Ash-

Honestly, I think my favorite place to be is just at home. I don't have to put pants on, I can be my totally weird and inappropriate self, and it's awesome. But that's a cop-out. So let's try this again...

Some of my favorite places?

Well, the library here of course. I grew up there. I started going to the teen book club when I was 13, and I met a lot of great people. I spent a couple summers there volunteering for the summer reading program, and honestly, I just spent so much time there.

There is a ton of really great memories from there, and I really need to go back there more often.



Image result for library gif

Dragons Lair. There is a gaming/comic book store near me that is huge. I mean huuuuge. It has everything from comics and graphic novels, to board games, too geeky toys, to roleplaying sets. It is amazing. They have a ton of board games you can demo too. So on Sundays when we don't have Finn, John and I will go there and just play board games for hours. It's a cheap awesome date (Cheap because we usually have to get food at some point!)



Image result for board games gif

The lake. If y'all remember John and I went camping for our anniversary about a month ago. We stayed near the lake and it was beautiful there. Everything was so relaxing and beautiful and I couldn't help but feel this is where I belong. With the breeze, the sound of the waves, and having a campfire, it was just perfect.




Pinballz. We have an arcade near us, that has all kinds of games, including pinball machines. Sadly it is pretty expensive and a bit of a drive, but it's totally worth it every once in a while. They have so many games, it's just an awesome place. 



Image result for arcade gif

Out to eat. One of my favorite places to eat is called Hurricane Bar and Grill. It's a great atmosphere, they have great food, and great (But cheap) drinks. So it's perfect.


That's a few of my favorite places to be.




Jenn:

Oh, the places I will go! I  love to go many places for many different reasons. This is such an open question. I mean, what kind of places are we talking about.... for fun, for vacation, to relax, to shop, to play..... the list can go on. 

So let's start for vacation... 
I like to go anywhere with camping, or nature, or the woods, or cabins for vacation. I love the outdoors. I like beaches but I prefer mountains or forests. Lots and lots of trees. I love trees. The smell, the feel, the views of the trees...miles and miles of trees. 

I also like to take short trips to events for vacations. Like a weekend for a concert- Bon Jovi was a fun one. I took Ash for her graduation celebration. We had a blast... except I was sick the night before and day of... Yeah, that wasn't so much fun. The ride up there was no fun at all. By the time of the concert, I was feeling good enough to be there but it was hard to really enjoy it. Especially when I couldn't sing along! 


Image result for sick gif


We also did a week trip just to Dallas, which is about a 3-hour drive (We don't talk miles in Texas, we talk hours) We went to some local attractions like the wax museum but the main attraction was the Texas State Fair. I like fairs and amusement parks too. 

Image result for roller coaster gif



I love to go to conventions. Any nerd convention really. BEA, Gen Con, well okay really I have only been to those but I have a whole list of those I want to go to. Walker-Con, Comicon, I could find others too. 

Image result for convention geek gif


I like to go to places I can learn about history. I went to Fort Sumpter once as a kid. Loved it. I love to learn about history. 


Now around town... 

I do like to go the movies, arcades, mini golf even and bowling... although I haven't gone in quite a while. Anything fun like that... 

and shopping...I do love to shop, just not at the mall. I do not like the mall. I will go if I have to but that is not fun for me. 

Image result for no mall gif


I love Barnes and Noble, any comic book or game store. I love home decoating stores... I go to Hobby Lobby and At Home more than I should. I just love to shop decorating stuff... 

Another favoite thing of mine... eating out at resturaunts... not fast food. Actual resturants. Sit down with the family and chat while the staff does all the cooking and serving and cleaning. My kind of meal. 


Image result for eating dinner  gif




2 comments:

  1. I like my holidays in Lancashire, Yorkshire and Cumbria. I love being near water, good scenery, castles and fun places to visit and these areas have all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home is probably my favorite place. That’s where my books and bed live. I love hiking and camping. And bookstores. I’d like to see more of the world. I don’t get out of my bubble often enough.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs