Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Wee Reads: In My Heart by Jo Witek

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 



In My Heart: A Book of FeelingsIn my Heart by Jo Witek


Sometimes my heart feels like a big yellow star, shiny and bright.
I smile from ear to ear and twirl around so fast,
I feel as if I could take off into the sky.
This is when my heart is happy.
Happiness, sadness, bravery, anger, shyness . . . our hearts can feel so many feelings! Some make us feel as light as a balloon, others as heavy as an elephant. In My Heart explores a full range of emotions, describing how they feel physically, inside. With language that is lyrical but also direct, toddlers will be empowered by this new vocabulary and able to practice articulating and identifying their own emotions. With whimsical illustrations and an irresistible die-cut heart that extends through each spread, this unique feelings book is gorgeously packaged.

Do you like this book?
Yeah! I like all of the colorful hearts and pictures!

What's your favorite part of the book?
I like when the heart is mad and goes BOOM!! And I like the picture with the monster! (When the heart is scared) This book makes me happy and sad!

What do you think of the cover?
I like it lots! The hearts are colorful! And so pretty!

Do you want me to read it again?
Sometime later.


This is a beautifully illustrated book all about emotions. I love how it goes over almost all of the emotions. Being happy, mad, sad, heartbroken, scared, shy. Even more. It's beautiful and well written and I love how the hearts are cut out.




Similar Books..
The Color Monster: A Pop-Up Book of FeelingsThe Way I FeelToday I Feel Silly  Other Moods That Make My DayMy Many Colored Days

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs