Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian and Game of Secrets by Kim Foster


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Jenn's Pick: I Can't wait to have my hands on this!

Game of Secrets

Game of Secrets by Kim Foster
May 15th, 2018

Rescued by a mysterious gentleman on the eve of execution, she's whisked away to a school funded by Queen Victoria, established to train selected Tainted into assassins in service of the crown.
Struggling to harness her incredible strength, speed, and agility, and despised by her classmates, all she wants is to use her new position to find a cure so she can be normal and reunited with her brother.
But with the Golden Jubilee fast approaching and the discovery that there's a traitor in their midst, she has no choice but to embrace the one thing she's been fighting all along
Felicity Cole sells flowers in the streets of Victorian London to feed herself and her young brother. But she has a close-guarded secret--her brother is a Tainted, born with special abilities that society fears and a shadowy organization called the Hunstsman scours the country to eliminate. When Felicity becomes the target of one of these individuals, she discovers something horrible: she's Tainted, too.





Ash's Pick: I need to read this NOW! 


Ash Princess
Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian 
April 24th, 2018
Theodosia was six when her country was invaded and her mother, the Queen of Flame and Fury, was murdered before her eyes. Ten years later, Theo has learned to survive under the relentless abuse of the Kaiser and his court as the ridiculed “Ash Princess.” Pretending to be empty-headed and naive when she's not enduring brutal whippings, she pushes down all other thoughts but one: Keep the Kaiser happy and he will keep you safe.
When the Kaiser forces her to execute her last hope of rescue, Theo can't keep her feelings and memories pushed down any longer. She vows revenge, throwing herself into a plot to seduce and murder the Kaiser's warrior son with the help of a group of magically gifted and volatile rebels. But Theo doesn't expect to develop feelings for the Prinz. Or for her rebel allies to challenge her friendship with the one person who's been kind to her throughout the last hopeless decade: her heart's sister, Cress.


Cornered into impossible choices and unable to trust even those who are on her side, Theo will have to decide how far she's willing to go to save her people and how much of herself she's willing to sacrifice to become queen.





10 comments:

  1. Ooh nice ones! The first is totally new to me but I am keeping an eye on Ash Princess! I'm likely going to buy it sooner rather than later because it's sounding like my kind of read! Hope you both love your pick once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks, Ladies! Both of these are also on my tbr. I hope you love them!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to read Game of Secrets too. I enjoy books set int his time period, and the magical elements will just add to my enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read Ash Princess and loved it! A well done YA fantasy, and it's the start of a series:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks!! Hope you love both :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both have lovely covers and I think I'd really like to read Game of Secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Game of Secrets sounds like something I would really like! Ash Princess looks really good too. These are both new to me and going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs