Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Nighstruck by Jenna Black





Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Jenn's Pick :I Can't wait for:


Nightstruck
Nightstruck by Jenna Black 
                 
The start of a spooky yet romantic dark paranormal horror series from Glimmerglass author Jenna Black

The night is the enemy, and the city of Philadelphia is its deadliest weapon.

Becket is an ordinary teenage girl, wrestling with the upheaval of her parents' divorce. Her biggest problems to date have been choosing which colleges to apply to, living up to her parents' ambitious expectations of her, and fighting her secret crush on her best friend's boyfriend. That all changes the night she tries to save an innocent life and everything goes horribly wrong.

Becket has been tricked into opening a door between worlds. As dark magic trickles into Philadelphia, strange creatures roam the streets and inanimate objects come to life, all of them bloodthirsty and terrifying. The city returns to normal when the sun rises each morning. The moment the sun sets, most citizens shut themselves in their houses and stay there no matter what they hear.

The magic is openly hostile to most mortals, but there are some it seems to covet, trying to lure them out into the night. While Becket struggles to protect her friends and family from predatory creatures of the night, she is constantly tempted to shrug off her responsibilities and join them.

Okay this just sounds good. Fantasy and horror. I like dark anything. This one sounds good and wow look at the cover. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds pretty awesome. Plus yay for more Horror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited about this one myself! I had it as a WoW pick some time back. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me. I hope you enjoy reading it! Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one but I agree - it definitely sounds like an interesting book. Hopefully it lives up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Definitely cannot wait for this one! Love Jenna's books!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about the inclusion of romance but this book just caught my attention. hope you enjoy it when once you read it! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs