Friday, May 1, 2015

Feature Friday: Where Book Hangovers and Reading Slumps Exsist





Feature Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read!




Featured Blog:

Gizzimomo's Book Shelf





Featured Question:

How do you cure a book hangover/blogging slump/reading slump? - Suggested by Take Me Away...

Jenn's Answer: 

I hate book hangovers and really the only way I know how to deal with these is to take a deep breath, stick out my bottom lip, whine a bit, then look for a book I have been dying to read and jump in. (She does more than whine a bit, we have to hear about it constantly) Hope and cross my fingers its just as good. 

Reading slump... I handle two different ways. Depending on the slump. First I try and start about 5 different books at once and see if one will grab my attention. (Or she loses the book she was reading and starts yet another one) If that doesn't work then I take a break from reading and I catch up on television shows. (Many many many tv shows.....)

Blogging slump... haven't really had one yet. I do sometimes with reviews when my reads haven't been all that.  When I  don't blog much it's generally due to lack of time not a slump. I love blogging, more than I realized I would. 

Ash's Answer:

Book hangovers.. Well, I have one right now. I just finished the second one to Etiquette and Espionage, called Curtsies and Conspiracies. And let me tell you, I am LITERALLY DYING to read the third one, which is in hardcover. And as much as I'm dying, I'm not willing to spend the money on it currently. (so she keeps hinting at me to go buy it for her.)Which makes me a thousand times sad. What am I going to do with my life without that book!?(try another book, just try) I DO NOT KNOW.

Reading slump... I usually just try to start another book, or take a few days and go without reading. I usually can only read at work, because of the almost two year old we have mentioned a few times. So I just use that time at work to color  (I have this really amazing steampunk coloring book, it is really amazing. Really amazing.) instead of read. (it is actually pretty cool.)

Blogging slump.. I haven't had one of those yet. So yay. 

6 comments:

  1. If I'm in a reading slump, I tend to just revisit a favourite of mine or just any book that I've been dying to read from the TBR shelf. But then again, sometimes the only thing that works is taking a break from reading altogether. Kudos to you guys for not getting into blogging slumps yet!

    Great post, Jenn! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea: treat yourself to something you've been dying to read. I like it. It's a great excuse to get new books. :D Happy Friday! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! Yeah I haven't had time for reading slumps or blogging slumps! LOL! There are too many books that must be read! LOL!. And oooh I still need to read Curtsies and Conspiracies! I read Etiquette and Espionage as an ARC! I am SO far behind! I mean have the other two books, but I need to read them! I need more time! I need the ability to never sleep!!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/05/feature-follow-11-my-ways-to-get-over.html

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of starting about five books at once and seeing if one pulls me out of a slump. I'll have to try that method in future. Old follower

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog and pics! :) New follower via Bloglovin' & GFC!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs