Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #134





Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



I Can't wait for:

22749788
Undertow by Michael Buckley  
May 5th 2015



Sixteen-year old Lyric Walker’s life is forever changed when she witnesses the arrival of 30,000 Alpha, a five-nation race of ocean-dwelling warriors, on her beach in Coney Island. The world’s initial wonder and awe over the Alpha quickly turns ugly and paranoid and violent, and Lyric’s small town transforms into a military zone with humans on one side and Alpha on the other. When Lyric is recruited to help the crown prince, a boy named Fathom, assimilate, she begins to fall for him. But their love is a dangerous one, and there are forces on both sides working to keep them apart. Only, what if the Alpha are not actually the enemy? What if they are in fact humanity’s only hope of survival? Because the real enemy is coming. And it’s more terrifying than anything the world has ever seen.

This just looks good. Aliens of sorts, and romance, and survival. sounds good. 

9 comments:

  1. Nice! Saw this one on Netgalley and was curious! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this one before but it looks really interesting! I'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one before. It doesn't sound like something I would normally read, but I hope you enjoy it!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo! Loved the sound of this. Another new one to add to wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover for this book and it sounds so good! I hope you'll love it when you read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure this is my kind of book, but I look forward to seeing what you think!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek, I so wish I would've downloaded it now when I had an email, booo. :( Sounds so good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this one before but I'll be sure to check it out on GR!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs