Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #101 and Top Ten Tuesday #91

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.




The Eighth Day

Eighth Day by Dianne K. Salerni

                                 


In this riveting fantasy adventure, thirteen-year-old Jax Aubrey discovers a secret eighth day with roots tracing back to Arthurian legend. Fans of Percy Jackson will devour this first book in a new series that combines exciting magic and pulse-pounding suspense.

When Jax wakes up to a world without any people in it, he assumes it's the zombie apocalypse. But when he runs into his eighteen-year-old guardian, Riley Pendare, he learns that he's really in the eighth day—an extra day sandwiched between Wednesday and Thursday. Some people—like Jax and Riley—are Transitioners, able to live in all eight days, while others, including Evangeline, the elusive teenage girl who's been hiding in the house next door, exist only on this special day.

And there's a reason Evangeline's hiding. She is a descendant of the powerful wizard Merlin, and there is a group of people who wish to use her in order to destroy the normal seven-day world and all who live in it. Torn between protecting his new friend and saving the entire human race from complete destruction, Jax is faced with an impossible choice. Even with an eighth day, time is running out.

Teaser:
Evangeline looked around in horror. She was standing under the nighttime sky in a wet mist, alone and vulnerable. 







Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.


My Top Ten Books that led me to need more.... or read more... 

Most of these introduced me to more genres.. 
Twilight introduced me to YA... 
The Dollhouse Murders I read in 6th grade and got me reading chapter books. 
The Sweet Pickles series made me want to read books when I was little. It was the first books I remember reading on my own. 
Grover was my favorite kids book before I could read... 
The rest were the ones that grabbed me for a particular genre.... 
Me Too, IguanaThe Monster at the End of this Book (Sesame Street) (Big Little Golden Book)\The Dollhouse Murders



Twilight (Twilight, #1)Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1)Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)Beastly (Beastly, #1)Drums, Girls & Dangerous PieCamille (Camille, #1)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVED Across the Universe! Great picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Across the Universe should have been on my list - it made me so much more interested in science fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I like how twilight started our love for YA!
    Here's our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twilight's made everyone's list today it seems! Not mine though. Won't get further into the Twilight debacle, because it's all been done and said before!

    Oh yay for The Monster at the End of this Book! Loved that one too as a kid! Bought my niece the Another Monster at the End of this Book, some years ago! Too cute!

    Great teaser too by the way! that's a totally new to me read! Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs