Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #49 and W.W.W. Wednesday #39



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




FangirlFangirl by Rainbow Rowell
September 10th 2013


          


A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love. 

Cath is a Simon Snow fan.


Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . . .

But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

Or will she just go on living inside somebody else’s fiction?




Isla and the Happily Ever AfterIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins 
September 17th 2013





From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.



Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.




W...W...W.. Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.... I wold love to hear What you are currently reading, what did you just finish and what are you reading next...

What Are Currently Reading: 


The Tragedy PaperThe UnlovedMonster Night


What Did You Recently Finish Reading?



Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1)Fairy Godmother's IncEleanor & Park


What Do You Think You Will Read Next?

Vortex (Tempest, #2)Fractured Soul (Fractured Light, #2)Strangelets

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I totally agree about both of your WOW picks, I am so looking forward to Isla and Fangirl looks great even though I only discovered it today, loving them both!

    Come Check Out My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both really good picks. Fangirl sounds like a fun read.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW #40

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fangirl looks so amazing. Did you love Eleanor & Park? Rainbow Rowell is a genius, and a sneaky one at that! : )

    Awesome books and great picks. : )
    Jessie Marie from The Daily Bookmark
    My WoW / WWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice picks! Haven't heard of the first but know well of the second even though I haven't read the series. Hope you enjoy both reads once you get ahold of them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the sound of Fangirl Nice recommends altogether.
    cheers
    Gwynneth
    http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com/2013/03/www-13-march.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. ISLA!!!! I want this book maybe more than any other this year! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always amazed at the books I've never heard of! You've got so many interesting titles and covers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great WoW picks! I haven't heard of these, but I'm definitely gonna check them out. Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by! Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to read Anna and the French Kiss. How did you like Warm Bodies? Have you seen the movie yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie yet but the book was pretty good. Not what I expected but in a good way.

      Delete
    2. I had the same reaction. The hubby was like, "only you would like a zombie love story." I reply with he married me. :P And the movie follows pretty closely. There are a few changes, but it's a cute movie, and will be my go to pick me up movie when it comes out on DVD.

      Delete
  10. Fangirl sounds like a fun and cute book! And what to say wbout Isla. I can't wait to read more from Stephanie Perkins. Great picks!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs