Sunday, July 22, 2012

Review: Fallen by Lauren Kate

 
Fallen (Fallen, #1) Title: Fallen
Author: Lauren Kate
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publishing Date: December 8th 2009
Pages: 452
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Series: Fallen #1
Source: Hardcover

Goodreads Summary:


There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Review:
I am not sure where to begin with this review. I have mixed feelings for this book, I though i would love it, I  didn’t, I ended up just liking it.

It was an enjoyable read, but it had some weak points.

The story is about Luce, who is sent to a reform type school. There is a mysterious boy she can’t help being drawn too, but everyone tells her to stay away from. He is cute but he is also aloof and a but mean and always seems to be around. She wants to figure him out, she feels she has to find out the truth behind this boy.

The story is a lot like many other YA paranormal romances. This is one of the problems I had with the book. It didn’t feel original. It was enjoyable to follow but did not pull me all the way in. It was a little slow at parts but kept me interested enough to keep going.

The characters were alright. Luce annoyed me a bit but I did get used to her by the end of the story. She doesn’t have any stand out qualities, she is a normal teenage girl that has gone through a difficult situation. Daniel is the regular bad boy. I did like some of Luce’s friends that she makes in her stay at Sword and Cross.

Bottom line, the story was good, I kept turning the pages and I will continue the series to see how it ends but It was nothing absolutely exceptional in my world.

Rating:


2 comments:

  1. They do get better. My favorite of the series (the one that really got me into the story) was Passion. The others didn't wow me but I really loved that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. This book was a bit of a let down for me. It's okay but it didnt wow me.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs