Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: Heart of the Huntress by Tess Oliver

Heart of the HuntressTitle: Heart of the Huntress Author: Tess Oliver
Publishing Date: January 21st 2012
Pages: 197
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Camille #2
Source: Hardcover

Goodreads Summary: 



Seventeen-year-old Camille Kennecott has finally found true happiness. Her twin sister, Emily, has returned home after years of self-inflicted seclusion within the austere confines of Bethlem Hospital. Nathaniel Strider, the boy who has captured Camille’s heart, has tamed the beast within him and joins her whenever he is not living his dream as a sailor on the open sea. And her guardian, Dr. Bennett, has graciously carved out a space in his scientific laboratory for Camille to spend her day experimenting with herbal remedies.
When Dr. Bennett receives a plea from a colleague to visit Transylvania and help deal with the werewolf problem, Camille is thrilled at the prospect of traveling to this exotic place. But the darkest form of treachery has boarded the ship with them, and it is not long before Camille faces the chilling possibility of losing everyone she’s ever loved.

Review:
Tess Oliver did it again for me. I loved the first book, Camille, and I love the continuing story. I really hope there are more to come in this series.

The hunt and the science continue in Heart of the Huntress. Camille, Nathaniel, Dr. Bennett and Emily are off to Transylvania and are in for the ride of their life. There are others out to harm the traveling four.

So let me start with I love ALL the CHARACTERS in this book. Camille and Nathaniel are just wonderful. I love their banter, their relationship, and the fun they have together. The feel of their relationship is easy, fun, and real. I love them together. I also love Nathaniel. What I would give to have him in my life! HOT HOT HOT…. OK back to the characters. Dr. Bennett is great, he is caring and intelligent and just a tad bit crazy. The one who really go to me though was Emily. What a great new addition. She was in the first book, but very little. Now she is living with her sister and is she AMAZING. She is sooo funny, honest, and so witty. She had me cracking up most of the book. I just love her. There are some other new characters too, so new werewolves. I will not mention any names though so you that you will have some surprises.

The story is continuing on from the first where there is now somewhat of a cure to a werewolf bite. Camille is still trying to find a better cure, as hers is not the full cure. Nathaniel comes home from a life as a sailor, and Dr. Bennett gets invited to Transylvania by another scientist who is interested in the Dr. Bennett and Camille’s findings. The ship takes sale and so does the betrayal, danger, and mystery.

I really hope there is more to come. I love reading the story behind these wonderfully lovable characters.

Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs