Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Review: A Million Suns by Beth Revis

A Million Suns: An Across the Universe Novel
Title: A Million Suns
Author: Beth Revis
Publisher: Razorbill
Publishing Date: January 10th 2012
Pages: 386
Genre: Young Adult Sci/Fi
Series: Across the Universe #2
Source: Hardcover

Goodreads Summary:


Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos. It’s been three months. In that time, Amy has learned to hide who she is. Elder is trying to be the leader he’s always wanted to be. But as the ship gets more and more out of control, only one thing is certain: They have to get off the ship.

Review: 


I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. I absolutely loved the first one and the second one did not disappoint. The story picked up right where the first book ended. The ship that Amy is on and Elder is now in charge of is full of lies, conspiracy, and secrets. 

I really felt more from Elder this time. Elder has a lot of big decisions to make in this book as everything on ship is now out of control. There are rules broken and crimes committed that Elder has never experienced and he is unsure of himself and his decision making. He doesn’t want to be Eldest and doesn’t want to control the ship. Elder discovers that not everything is what it seems and not everything is so black and white. I really felt Elder’s internal struggles and found myself questioning what I would do in his situation. I really enjoyed his commitment to the ship and his love for Amy. He has to find a way to satisfy both and it’s not an easy task. I really saw more of Elder and the man he was. He was a very strong character for me, uch more than Amy this time around. Amy seemed a little whiny in this installment. I understood her and could feel the hurt and the betrayal but I also felt that she never looked at the entire picture and was blinded by her hurt. It actually caused her much trouble and put her into some dangerous situations. I felt she was selfish for most of the book. I still like her as a character but many times wanted to shake some sense into her. I am hoping that the next installment will give her character some courage and heart. 

The story was a well written continuation of the first book and again had me on the edge of my seat turning pages as fast as I could. The author never ceased to amaze me with wows, whats, and OMGs. Again it left me hanging a bit and had me shaking the book going why why why, I need more. So I will be picking up the next installment hopefully as soon as it is released! 

Rating:


1 comment:

  1. I love your review. A Million suns sounds like such an awesome read!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs